Saturday, October 22, 2011

My Space...My Style...

I wanted to share my space, my style with you...by featuring my own living space...



In my ideal space, which is a reflection of me...i chose a colour scheme consistent with my favourite colours....thereafter i begun purchasing different accents and accessories from various sources in accordance to my tastes...

When choosing a colour scheme, note the colour of the ceiling, the floor, the walls and the amount of light that enters the room as this will influence the overall motif.

 ...my wall placements, compliment my rugs, furniture and drapes...to garner a mix of chic elegance...

...i combined gold sheer on satin drapes in my dining area to add a lustrous glow, which reflects perfectly in adjacently placed gold-foiled mirrors...

...Family photo's, some ceramics placed on an Zanzibar chest...makes for good use of this particular space...

Rococo Chairs and an accent table act as room divider between my living room and dining area...

A high ceiling provided quite a challenge for me to design, combine the perfect wall decor to enhance this space...

My inspiration came from combining rich fabrics, exquisite pieces and maintaining a balance in the colour scheme throughout my space...


For a cosier feel, I added some cushions including floor cushions...which i find comfortable for those informal times when i just want to sit and watch my favourite TV show...on the floor:-)


I chose original hardwood furniture for all my interior space, and ensured that each piece complimented one another by choosing a rich, matte, chocolate brown finish...yummy!

Its important to pay attention to detail, to divide a room into various sections and work on every facet of the room to ensure that each area compliments the next...

...each wall space, each furniture piece and every single item within the room is placed appropriately to achieve optimal effect...

Its important to ensure the your space works for you...its personal, its you and it should reflect your style.

...my walls, floor and ceiling are all white...I added colour, texture and pattern through my rugs, cushions, wall decor and choices in fabric to bring my room to life...

I wanted to maintain the integrity of my space and decor style by ensuring that its was inviting, beautiful and functional...This is me.

No comments:

Post a Comment